State Parks near Kenosha WI
Now that spring is finally here and the weather is (slowly) warming up, many people are itching to get outside and enjoy the fresh air and beautiful scenery around Wisconsin. If you are looking for something to do outside, check out these state parks near Kenosha!
Hiking Spots near Kenosha WI
Petrifying Springs Park
- Location: 5555 7th Street, Kenosha, WI 53144
- Hours: Open Daily from 7 am to 10 pm
- Highlights: Petrifying Springs State Park has beautiful scenery and amenities like a ball diamond, dog park, golf courses, hiking trails, a playground and more.
Sanders Park Hardwoods State Natural Area
- Location: Exculpating Road, Mount Pleasant, WI, 53403
- Hours: Open Daily from 6 am to 10 pm
- Highlights: Sands Park Hardwoods is occupied by southern dry-mesic forests and many species of wildflowers and ferns. Birds also frequent the area, so folks who love exploring nature will enjoy this natural area.
Kenosha Sand Dunes
- Location: 7th Ave, Pleasant Prairie, WI, 53158
- Hours: Open Daily 7 am to 10 pm
- Highlights: The Kenosha Sand Dunes have striking scenery and many trails for hiking and walking.
- Location: 5501 Ring Road, Kenosha, WI 53140
- Hours: Open Daily from 9 am to 10 pm
- Highlights: HarborPark is right on the Lake Michigan shoreline and features many festivals and events during the summer months. It features a splash pad area, sculpture walk, HarborMarket, and more.
No matter what kind of outdoor activities you enjoy, Wisconsin State Parks are a great option! Time to get out there and enjoy spring and summer weather!